Tunic Lacing

  • perro_de_croy
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 5, 2012
      I have a question for all of you: does anyone know of sources that prove side lacing on super tunics? I've seen a depiction in a new pattern book and I'm trying to sniff out whether or not it is period. I've googled and gone through a number of books I have on hand and I can't seem to spot anything. I thought perhaps someone among the populous would have seen something.

      Any thoughts?

      YIS,
      Perronnelle de Croy
    • Susanne Hibbert
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 5, 2012
        Have you the name of the pattern company and the number of the pattern so we all know what you are looking at?
        Susana

        ________________________________
        I have a question for all of you: does anyone know of sources that prove side lacing on super tunics? I've seen a depiction in a new pattern book and I'm trying to sniff out whether or not it is period. I've googled and gone through a number of books I have on hand and I can't seem to spot anything. I thought perhaps someone among the populous would have seen something.

        Any thoughts?

        YIS,
        Perronnelle de Croy

      • Sigrid Briansdotter
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 5, 2012
          Timeframe and location? My first thought is the 12th-14th century tunics found at Las Huelgas in Burgos Spain and in Alfonso's Game book. http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/654/pict0006mm.jpg&imgrefurl=http://deusvult.gratuitoforo.com/t96-hebillas-y-cinturones-decorados-en-el-siglo-xiii&usg=__nOj4nBmrnC8mEsCfVlxzQ4chSdg=&h=480&w=640&sz=111&hl=en&start=3&zoom=1&tbnid=UhiBUsbdcaplPM:&tbnh=103&tbnw=137&ei=vvEFT9vQJ-Pk0QGQ_umnAw&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dsaya%2Bburgos%2Bhuelgas%26hl%3Den%26gbv%3D2%26tbm%3Disch&itbs=1

          Regards,
          Sigrid Briansdotter