Gulf Wars

  • Zhara
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 28, 2011
      Greetings.

      For several years now, I have been getting online about this time of year to encourage you to sign up to present or teach at Gulf Wars. My particular area of emphasis is Al Mahala, the classroom section of Gulf Wars that has alternately been called the "Non-European" or "Middle Eastern" classrooms, but we of course include many places in Europe (Andalusian Spain, just one example) as well as far eastern locales as well.

      This year is a bit different. For starters, I don't want you to send me your class information.

      Nope. Don't send it to me. One sign of fabulous growth at Gulf Wars is the new online class registration form: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&formkey=dHdqc0lZVW52YjhEV09HYndqamY3LXc6MA#gid=0

      If that link doesn't work, just visit the Gulf Wars site (www.gulfwars.org - www dot gulfwars dot org)

      Not only can you find out all about this event, reserve your tenting spot and read about the many interesting happenings onsite, but you can also choose the Activities tab, the Arts & Sciences choice on it's menu, and then finally, the Classes choice on that sub-menu. It will take you right to the class sign-up information.

      Second change -please welcome my deputy to the Al Mahala staff, Majda Anwar. You will see more of her than of me this year as she takes over the position, and I know you will find her to be a wonderful addition. Majda comes to us with previous class scheduling experience from Pennsics War, and she may have already contacted some of you to talk about GW2012.

      Wishing everyone the best for the new year, contact any or all of us via the Al Mahala Yahoo Group (see below)

      Humbly and In Service,
      THL Zhara um Nikko, OSL
      Al Mahala Scheduler Akabou
      Apprentice to Mistress Edwina Dirks Sterne
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Gulfwaral-mahala/