Re: [Authentic_SCA] Farming and plows

  • fastusminimus
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 9, 2011
      Hi
      For earlier, but might still work info, you could try and contact the
      Little Butzer Farm in England. They are 'Celtic' and earlier than you
      want, but they do practical work with animals and planting.
      Ta
      Carol
    • Folo Watkins
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 9, 2011
        >The illustration is from the Julius Work Calendar.

        For the Tiberius and Julian work calendars, see
        http://www.trin.cam.ac.uk/sdk13/ASCalendar/ASCalendar.html. The
        illustration to which you prefer may be found at
        http://www.trin.cam.ac.uk/sdk13/ASCalendar/ASCalJan.html

        Cheers, Folo
        www.micelfolcland.org
      • EaldredSCA@aol.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 9, 2011
          Here is the scan from the book.

          http://www.flickr.com/photos/9931357@N03/6329766430/in/photostream

          Ealdred

        • rosslchristenson@shaw.ca
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 9, 2011
            On the website www.pjoarchaeology.co.uk is a lovely article on anglosaxon ironwork. It is illustrated with scale line drawings, and has a great image oof a plough share. I think it's in section 2 of the pdf.

            Cheers,
            Arnbjorn