Re: [Authentic_SCA] Another "paisley" example and the printed cotton trade

  • Susanne Hibbert
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 24, 2011
      This was a very informative article. It helped to get a few things straight in my head. I know how sometimes we are tempted to just go along with first impressions and the lovely look of a fabric and how good we would look in it. Research is indeed helpful, it keeps us looking for "period correctness". Not everyone wants to present  authentic clothing. I appreciate all the effort a person has gone through to get the research done, bring copies of colors pictures along when shopping, taking the time to thoughtfully decide on a fabric and design, and getting a correct period silhouette. All this makes up into a true work of art and a delight to wear.
      Susana