printed fabric

  • jewett_christine
    Message 1 of 35 , Oct 18, 2011
      I couldn't resist buying some fabric that is printed in black with an elaborate floral design that at first glance looks like paisley, but isn't. I've seen paintings of kirtles in what could be printed fabric. I think this fabric would make an awesome kirtle - but I'm worrying that the pattern is too out of place. I don't want to walk around KNOWING that the fabric is a totally wrong fit for the period! What is everyone's opinion on this? Would something like what I've described be TOO anachronistic?

      Re: Italian Gown - I have started the first muslin bodice. I think I may be on the right track!

      Regards,
      Gwnnil
    • Susanne Hibbert
      Message 35 of 35 , Nov 8, 2011