Re: [Authentic_SCA] Re: places to visit in southern Germany

  • Laura Morgan
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 23, 2011
      Christina-

      Thanks so much!  I will add them all to the list!

      Laura

      From: xina007eu <Christina_Lemke@...>

      Hi Laura,

      In southern Germany, I can recommend e.g. the Bayerisches Nationalmuseum in Munich and the Germanisches Nationalmuseum in Nuremberg. Both are large arts-and-crafts-type museums with furniture, textiles, pottery / porcelain and many other items. Nuremberg has got an interesting castle and several medieval churches that are worth visiting. In Munich, you might also like to visit the Münchner Stadtmuseum for the famous late 15th century morris dancer sculptures.
      The cathedral treasuries and/or city museums of many cities have got ecclesiastic textiles and/or items from burials (e.g. Bamberg, Speyer). What is actually on view may vary; many of these items are very delicate and cannot be exposed to the light for a longer period of time.

      Best regards,

      Christina