Re: [Authentic_SCA] New Member from Germany

  • Cristal Delamer
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 23, 2011
      Welcome. Mechthild! Your website is beautiful and inspiring.

      -Cristal

      On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 2:20 AM, mechthild_quattermart <
      mechthild_quattermart@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Greetings
      > My name is Mechthild Quattermart an I am a 13th century woman from
      > southwestern Germany. I am in the SCA for two years now, but me and my
      > family are doing living history for many years now. If you want to get an
      > impression what we are doing have a look at our website www.zeitboten.de .
      > I found this yahoo groupe this morning and I am very pleased to find
      > like-minded people here.
      > We, my husband and I, have our focus on the everyday life of a 13th century
      > family of a craftsmen. My husband is a 13thcentury shoemaker and I am his
      > wife who keeps the house. I sew all our cloth per hand, do dyeing of fabric,
      > cook after medieval cookbooks and try to learn and do everything a medieval
      > woman did.
      > The really big thing I have to learn is to play my persona in speech and
      > behavior.
      > Please excuse my englich, but it is always getting better thanks to the SCA
      > :)
      > Regards
      > Mechthild Quattermart
      > Shire of Vielburgen
      > Kingdom of Drachenwald

    • Msn
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 23, 2011
        Wow, your site is lovely! Welcome to our group... I am pretty quiet, but learn a lot.

        Cailleagh Mariadhe, mundanely called Kim Gibson

        Sent from my iPad

        On Aug 23, 2011, at 5:20 AM, "mechthild_quattermart" <mechthild_quattermart@...> wrote:

        > Greetings
        > My name is Mechthild Quattermart an I am a 13th century woman from southwestern Germany. I am in the SCA for two years now, but me and my family are doing living history for many years now. If you want to get an impression what we are doing have a look at our website www.zeitboten.de .
        > I found this yahoo groupe this morning and I am very pleased to find like-minded people here.
        > We, my husband and I, have our focus on the everyday life of a 13th century family of a craftsmen. My husband is a 13thcentury shoemaker and I am his wife who keeps the house. I sew all our cloth per hand, do dyeing of fabric, cook after medieval cookbooks and try to learn and do everything a medieval woman did.
        > The really big thing I have to learn is to play my persona in speech and behavior.
        > Please excuse my englich, but it is always getting better thanks to the SCA :)
        > Regards
        > Mechthild Quattermart
        > Shire of Vielburgen
        > Kingdom of Drachenwald

      • Susanne Hibbert
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 24, 2011
          Welcome to the SCA, and to our group. We are most glad to have you and your family share The Dream!
          Susana

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 24, 2011
            your website is beautiful!
            what other types of living history have you been involved in?
            you seem to have your act together!

            welcome!

            --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "mechthild_quattermart" <mechthild_quattermart@...> wrote:

            > Greetings
            > My name is Mechthild Quattermart an I am a 13th century woman from southwestern Germany. I am in the SCA for two years now, but me and my family are doing living history for many years now. If you want to get an impression what we are doing have a look at our website www.zeitboten.de .
            > I found this yahoo groupe this morning and I am very pleased to find like-minded people here.
            > We, my husband and I, have our focus on the everyday life of a 13th century family of a craftsmen. My husband is a 13thcentury shoemaker and I am his wife who keeps the house. I sew all our cloth per hand, do dyeing of fabric, cook after medieval cookbooks and try to learn and do everything a medieval woman did.
            > The really big thing I have to learn is to play my persona in speech and behavior.
            > Please excuse my englich, but it is always getting better thanks to the SCA :)
            > Regards
            > Mechthild Quattermart
            > Shire of Vielburgen
            > Kingdom of Drachenwald

          • konrad_von_lewenstein
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 25, 2011
              Greetings !

              I am the husband of Mechthild :)
              It is nice if you do not have to introduce yourself in a long text and your wife do this for you ;) haha
              So, I am the 13th cent. german shoemaker.

              Regards
              Konrad von Lewenstein
              Seneschal, Shire of Vielburgen
              Drachenwald

              --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "mechthild_quattermart" <mechthild_quattermart@...> wrote:

              > Greetings
              > My name is Mechthild Quattermart an I am a 13th century woman from southwestern Germany. I am in the SCA for two years now, but me and my family are doing living history for many years now. If you want to get an impression what we are doing have a look at our website www.zeitboten.de .
              > I found this yahoo groupe this morning and I am very pleased to find like-minded people here.
              > We, my husband and I, have our focus on the everyday life of a 13th century family of a craftsmen. My husband is a 13thcentury shoemaker and I am his wife who keeps the house. I sew all our cloth per hand, do dyeing of fabric, cook after medieval cookbooks and try to learn and do everything a medieval woman did.
              > The really big thing I have to learn is to play my persona in speech and behavior.
              > Please excuse my englich, but it is always getting better thanks to the SCA :)
              > Regards
              > Mechthild Quattermart
              > Shire of Vielburgen
              > Kingdom of Drachenwald

            • mechthild_quattermart
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 25, 2011
                Hi,
                we in Germany and also in Europe have more opportunities to do our medieval thing beside the SCA. We have Medieval Markets, similar to Rainassane Fairs, which are only fun and not much authentic. We have a very active living history/reenactor scene which does demos at museums or castels, here we show how the medieval live could have been. This is something my family does. Beside this we meet with friends and "play" the medieval living for a weekend or longer.
                This summer we were living in a reconstructed house from the 13th century. We lived there, made our own bread, were cooking over open fire and showed the visitors the life of a meidieval family.... and we had a lot of fun.
                We do these things for many years now, so we had a lot of time to make our stuff we have now, but my to-do-list is always getting longer ;)
                Mechthild

                --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Laura" <valkerie1000@...> wrote:

                > your website is beautiful!
                > what other types of living history have you been involved in?
                > you seem to have your act together!
                >
                > welcome!
                >

                > --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "mechthild_quattermart" <mechthild_quattermart@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Greetings
                > > My name is Mechthild Quattermart an I am a 13th century woman from southwestern Germany. I am in the SCA for two years now, but me and my family are doing living history for many years now. If you want to get an impression what we are doing have a look at our website www.zeitboten.de .
                > > I found this yahoo groupe this morning and I am very pleased to find like-minded people here.
                > > We, my husband and I, have our focus on the everyday life of a 13th century family of a craftsmen. My husband is a 13thcentury shoemaker and I am his wife who keeps the house. I sew all our cloth per hand, do dyeing of fabric, cook after medieval cookbooks and try to learn and do everything a medieval woman did.
                > > The really big thing I have to learn is to play my persona in speech and behavior.
                > > Please excuse my englich, but it is always getting better thanks to the SCA :)
                > > Regards
                > > Mechthild Quattermart
                > > Shire of Vielburgen
                > > Kingdom of Drachenwald

              • Michael Hurley
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 26, 2011
                  On Aug 25, 2011, at 12:36 PM, konrad_von_lewenstein wrote:
                  > Greetings !
                  >
                  > I am the husband of Mechthild :)
                  > It is nice if you do not have to introduce yourself in a long text
                  > and your wife do this for you ;) haha
                  > So, I am the 13th cent. german shoemaker.

                  Wilkommen! Thanks to both of you for joining us! As someone interested
                  in medieval shoemaking, you may like to know about a mailing list
                  dedicated to that very activity (if you've not already found it).

                  groups.yahoo.com/group/medievalshoemaking

                  Hope to see you there soon!
                  --
                  Auf wiedersehen!
                  Michael