Re: [Authentic_SCA] goat skin

  • Michael Hurley
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 15, 2011
      On Aug 13, 2011, at 9:28 PM, Dee Cadoret wrote:
      > First thing that came to mind is a pouch or sporran, but that is
      > wrong
      > for you personae. How about a wine skin?

      Certainly a sporran would be wrong, but there's nothing saying a purse
      or pouch would be. Certainly the Sutton Hoo find had a highly ornate
      purse lid. There was also purses found at Birka and Heddeby. I'm sure
      there are others.

      Another possibility would be a hood lining. It's probably big enough
      for that. Or perhaps a fur hat.
      --
      Auf wiedersehen!
      Michael

      "..No."

      -Real Genius
    • ketil1
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 20, 2011
        I know I am new to the group but i think something that size would best be served as a cover for a seat perhaps a cushion for a chair.