Re: [Authentic_SCA] goat skin

  • Dee Cadoret
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 13, 2011
      First thing that came to mind is a pouch or sporran, but that is wrong
      for you personae. How about a wine skin?

      On 13/08/2011 8:36 PM, arnbjornraudfeldr wrote:
      > All right friends. I recently came into possension of a small 2 foot by 18 inch fur on goat skin. I really don't know what to do with it.It's greyish with red brown tips. I am a 10th century Dane living in Jorvik. Any suggestions?
      > Arnbjorn

    • Michael Hurley
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 15, 2011
        On Aug 13, 2011, at 9:28 PM, Dee Cadoret wrote:
        > First thing that came to mind is a pouch or sporran, but that is
        > wrong
        > for you personae. How about a wine skin?

        Certainly a sporran would be wrong, but there's nothing saying a purse
        or pouch would be. Certainly the Sutton Hoo find had a highly ornate
        purse lid. There was also purses found at Birka and Heddeby. I'm sure
        there are others.

        Another possibility would be a hood lining. It's probably big enough
        for that. Or perhaps a fur hat.
        --
        Auf wiedersehen!
        Michael

        "..No."

        -Real Genius
      • ketil1
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 20, 2011
          I know I am new to the group but i think something that size would best be served as a cover for a seat perhaps a cushion for a chair.