Re: [Authentic_SCA] Re: Need a Source for Pins

  • Michael Hurley
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 12, 2011
      On Jul 12, 2011, at 12:39 PM, Susanne Hibbert wrote:
      > Where can we find example of a "bead" on the head of a period pin?
      > Susana

      They're shown in the Museum of London's Dress Accessories book, as I
      recall. Reconstructing History used to sell some gorgeous veil pins
      with coral beads on the top but they don't show them anymore, more's
      the pity.

      Here are photos of coral headed, glass headed and pewter headed pins
      from London excavations:

      http://www.kostym.cz/Anglicky/2_Detaily/01_Doplnky/II_01_30.htm

      that I found through the always useful:

      http://larsdatter.com/