RE: [Authentic_SCA] Need a Source for Pins

  • Fred Zeiler
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 11, 2011
      I been making glass veil pins if your interested.

      Frederick

      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 12, 2011
        On Jul 12, 2011, at 12:39 PM, Susanne Hibbert wrote:
        > Where can we find example of a "bead" on the head of a period pin?
        > Susana

        They're shown in the Museum of London's Dress Accessories book, as I
        recall. Reconstructing History used to sell some gorgeous veil pins
        with coral beads on the top but they don't show them anymore, more's
        the pity.

        Here are photos of coral headed, glass headed and pewter headed pins
        from London excavations:

        http://www.kostym.cz/Anglicky/2_Detaily/01_Doplnky/II_01_30.htm

        that I found through the always useful:

        http://larsdatter.com/