Re: [Authentic_SCA] Faux Fur

  • Susanne Hibbert
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 26, 2011
      You can also get real and faux fur collars, capes, coats and cuffs for a
      reasonable price and little to no sewing at a good thrift shop. I ask the
      manager to hold anything they get in and call me. When I get a call I go right
      over. Sometimes comments about what you might be looking for and what you plan
      on using it for stays in their minds. Buying a worthy piece will also keep them
      calling you. I don't ask about the pieces until I see them in person. This waste
      none of their time, and maybe you can get a bit of a price deduction, maybe not
      right away. You can also sell these to other Society members. Real fur also
      makes a nice and thoughtful gift to a fellow player (just make sure that they
      accept faux or real) to avoid disappointments.

      Susana