Re: [Authentic_SCA] Neck facings or not

  • Catherine Olanich Raymond
    Message 1 of 32 , Jun 16, 2011
      On 06/16/2011 08:33 AM, Terri Morgan wrote:
      >> I've always been curious about this issue. Can you recall any sources
      >> (examples of period garments, etc.) showing that facings are period?
      >> Thanks in advance.

      (Actually, I originally posted the above statement; I haven't yet read
      the Terri Morgan post you've snipped that from.)

      > Do you mean extant fabric ones or will manuscript/statuary do?

      Any evidence; yes, manuscripts or other art will do. What it looks
      like/says would go to its persuasive power, not to whether it's
      evidence. I want to evaluate the basis for Susanne's original,
      confident assertion that neck facings, in the modern sense, were known.

      --
      Cathy Raymond
      cathy@...

      "Beware how you take away hope from another human being."
      --Oliver Wendell Holmes
    • Catherine Olanich Raymond
      Message 32 of 32 , Jun 16, 2011
        On 06/16/2011 07:16 PM, Diane Sawyer Dooley wrote:
        > Um... I didn't write any of that. Attribution matters, people!

        Sorry for the bad cutting. I was actually just trying to comment on
        what Catrijn had said.