A question on thread

  • Kelly
    Message 1 of 3 , May 18, 2011
      I am getting into leather working and I want to resheath a knife I use in the SCA. So far I have used a waxed white cotten thread for a draw string pouch. You cant see the stiching but for the sheath the thread would be seen and am woundering if there is a period thread.

      Kelly
    • Diane Dooley
      Message 2 of 3 , May 18, 2011
        Linen or artificial sinew. You can get both at Tandy.

        Tasha

        Sent from my iPhone

        On May 18, 2011, at 12:25, "Kelly" <zedd22@...> wrote:

        > I am getting into leather working and I want to resheath a knife I use in the SCA. So far I have used a waxed white cotten thread for a draw string pouch. You cant see the stiching but for the sheath the thread would be seen and am woundering if there is a period thread.
        >
        > Kelly

      • Despair Bear
        Message 3 of 3 , May 18, 2011
          Waxed linen would be good. I also have some research on a post migration period
          seax sheath that was sewn together with copper wire tinned to look silver. On
          the plus side sheaths sewn with wire will not get cut open as easy as thread but
          on the down side I can only find one existent piece done in this fashion and it
          is pretty early period.

          Godric