Thread for sewing veils

  • Eric Atkinson
    Message 1 of 1 , May 10, 2011
      I have had some success with using the actual warp threads, with some wax, to sew the edges of various garments. I like to square up the fabric before beginning and tend to remove the uneven bits. Since the thread is comming from the fabric itself it obviously matches, and using the Warp threads makes them stronger than the weft threads. I have no idea if it is period, but it makes sense as the fabric itself is a source of thread. I am curious if anyone has ever heard of this actually being done in period. I don't want to fall victim to the "They Could Have but not they Did" error also known as the Blue Jeans Falicy.

      Ever Curious
      Erik Hawkwood