Something Is Wrong On The Internet!!!!

  • LJonthebay
    Message 1 of 2 , May 5, 2011
      For 24 hours (give or take), I've been letting everything that hit my inbox through. Everything, complete, unmoderated and unedited. I was even kinda hoping for some spam to throw into the mix.

      You've read the results.

      So have I. I've even managed not to take any of it personally. You want to call me a big old meanie, knock yourself out. However, you owe my hard working moderators an apology if you call them big old meanies.

      Speaking of which, I would like to thank Despina and Rowen for all their assistance over the past several years in trying to keep our electronic tree house in some semblance of order.

      That said, I'm more than happy to scrap The Old Way. It was not my invention. It was, as previously mentioned, developed by a previous list owner. It was also developed about ten years ago. Times have changed, technologies have changed and people have different I'm tired of it too. Believe me when I say you have no idea how tired.

      So go ahead, post content in the form that works for you. Just try not to make your fellow list members roll their blistered eyes back in their heads too much because you forgot to delete the message you just top posted over.

      I do feel you should take credit/blame/ownership of the content your posts by using some sort of signature. I always have. At the very minimum, it's polite to introduce oneself in some way. It also gives your posts credibility. I am not, however, going to smack knuckles over occasional lapses.

      It's probably going to take me a few days to get through the membership list and take some folks off moderated status. I will, however, exercise my mean, arbitrary and completely autocratic powers if people prove they can't play nice. I know Despina will happily back me up and I owe her a huge apology for not cluing her in on my little social experiment.

      In short, play nice, be grownups, use this list to post interesting things.

      Many thanks for your consideration,
      Saionji no Hana (sometimes known as Jehanne de Wodeford)
      List owner
    • George A. Trosper
      Message 2 of 2 , May 6, 2011
        On 5/5/2011 4:52 PM, LJonthebay wrote:
        > In short, play nice, be grownups, use this list to post interesting things.
        >
        > Many thanks for your consideration,
        > Saionji no Hana (sometimes known as Jehanne de Wodeford)
        > List owner

        Thank you. I'll try!

        George/Gerard
        Loch Salann in Artemisia