gesso recipe sought

  • Amy Heilveil
    Message 1 of 2 , May 5, 2011
      Seriously, I am wondering if anyone knows the recipe that Donald Jackson
      uses for his gesso or if anyone has a gesso that works beautifully 'every
      time'. I have some upcoming bits that need to be gesso'd and, while my
      recipe is good, I am inclined to be lazy (which will probably have to stop
      in order for me to make good gesso) and not slake the plaster so I wind up
      scrambling for good stuff.

      I probably need to suck it up and stick some plaster in water but I am
      willing to take suggestions/recommendations/hair-brained ideas that people
      use and work.

      Alternately, if anyone knows anyone who sells good (period with lead and
      everything) gesso, I'd be inclined to ask the seller how much... *grin*

      Smiles,
      Despina de la has some things up her sleeve that need to come out onto
      parchment

      --
      The Skilled Quill
      Beautiful documents for joyous occasions

      Message 2 of 2 , May 5, 2011
        --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Amy Heilveil <amyheilveil@...> wrote:

        Seriously, I am wondering if anyone knows the recipe that Donald Jackson uses for his gesso or if anyone has a gesso that works beautifully 'every time'.

        My lady, you may find what you seek here: http://www.jtresser.com/B_L_ABRIDGED__RAISED_GILDING.pdf

        Eydís Gunnarsdóttir