RE: [Authentic_SCA] List Etiquette

  • Scat@cfl.rr.com
    Message 1 of 39 , May 4, 2011
      I see nothing wrong and everything right about interspersed replies. For a
      complex topic there is no more efficient and efficacious method of
      response. Top posting makes the most sense if AND ONLY IF the respondent
      has trimmed the posts adequately. I am a nitpicker deluxe on grammar,
      punctuation, and word usage; however, I find that I make far too many errors
      in my own posting to have any grounds for criticizing anyone else's. Just
      think of how many emails refer to 'populous' meetings.

      Colm Dubh

      From: wodeford@... <mailto:wodeford%40yahoo.com>
      Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 22:32:44 +0000
      Subject: [Authentic_SCA] List Etiquette

      Please take a few moments to review our List Etiquette and expectations at

      http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/4HrATQYU6ZsbJgUM6SZgBzwVPCi383vpuXzv6CKa9JhNLUS
      a54LbsX_p9Z5aEEtLPmTohCukpHeVhv4HUVas/List%20Etiquette%20and%20Expectations

      As the person press ganged into becoming list-owner by the previous list
      owner, I and the rest of the moderators have been politely requesting
      compliance from our members for some time now. In the years since the group
      was formed, technology has changed to allow users to read and post email via
      smart-phone. Current traffic on the group is not particularly heavy.

      So, Members, what say you? Do you care? Do you want to know who you are
      reading/addressing or is a truncated e-mail ID or Yahoo screen name
      sufficient? Do you care if you read repeated messages, particularly in
      digest form? Are top-posted messages easier or harder for you to read?

      Your thoughts are appreciated.

      Saionji no Hana

      West Kingdom

      Authentic_SCA list owner

    • George A. Trosper
      Message 39 of 39 , May 6, 2011
        On 5/3/2011 7:28 PM, Giulia Isabella wrote:
        > I prefer top posting to bottom posting
        Why?

        George/Gerard
        Loch Salann, Artemisia