Re: List Etiquette

  • pixel39
    Message 1 of 39 , May 4, 2011
      1) Sign your posts, please!!
      2) I read digest, please please PLEASE trim your posts!!!
      3) I prefer top-posting myself, rather than interleaving or bottom-posting, because some mail clients don't add the > before each quoted line. This makes it hard to differentiate between the original post and the reply. If there's a "so-and-so wrote:" at the beginning, then I know which is which.

      YIS,

      Margaret FitzWilliam
      Northshield

      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "LJonthebay" <wodeford@...> wrote:

      > Please take a few moments to review our List Etiquette and expectations at
      >
      > http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/4HrATQYU6ZsbJgUM6SZgBzwVPCi383vpuXzv6CKa9JhNLUSa54LbsX_p9Z5aEEtLPmTohCukpHeVhv4HUVas/List%20Etiquette%20and%20Expectations
      >
      > As the person press ganged into becoming list-owner by the previous list owner, I and the rest of the moderators have been politely requesting compliance from our members for some time now. In the years since the group was formed, technology has changed to allow users to read and post email via smart-phone. Current traffic on the group is not particularly heavy.
      >
      > So, Members, what say you? Do you care? Do you want to know who you are reading/addressing or is a truncated e-mail ID or Yahoo screen name sufficient? Do you care if you read repeated messages, particularly in digest form? Are top-posted messages easier or harder for you to read?
      >
      > Your thoughts are appreciated.
      >
      > Saionji no Hana
      > West Kingdom
      > Authentic_SCA list owner

    • George A. Trosper
      Message 39 of 39 , May 6, 2011
        On 5/3/2011 7:28 PM, Giulia Isabella wrote:
        > I prefer top posting to bottom posting
        Why?

        George/Gerard
        Loch Salann, Artemisia