Fwd: Invitation to the Enchanted Ground

  • Amy Heilveil
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2011
      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: David Friedman <ddfr@...>
      Date: Tue, May 3, 2011 at 10:03 AM
      Subject: [SCA-AE] ANNOUNCE: Invitation to the Enchanted Ground

      This Pennsic, as usual, some of us will have an in persona
      encampment, an attempt to create a place within whose boundaries one
      can maintain the illusion of being somewhere, sometime, in period.

      Visitors are welcome as long as they are willing to stay in persona
      while inside our boundary. There will be a bardic circle, weather
      permitting, any evening I am on site. Pieces performed do not have to
      be period, although period works are appreciated, but neither the
      piece nor its introduction should break the illusion--for instance by
      discussing whether the piece is in period.

      If you think you might like to camp with us, let me know by email; we
      are always looking for new people who think they would enjoy our
      version of the game. If you want to dip just a toe in the water, come
      visit. Our usual location is in W09, on the right side of Runestone
      hill going down.

      If you have any questions, email me.

      Feel free to copy this message to your local email list.
      --
      David Friedman
      www.daviddfriedman.com