Re: [Authentic_SCA] Elizabethan ‘visa rd mask

  • Chris Laning
    Message 1 of 5 , May 3, 2011
      On May 2, 2011, at 7:44 PM, George A. Trosper wrote:

      > P.S. I'm happy to sign, as repeatedly requested by the PST Moderator,
      > but isn't one's sent-from info sufficient to make entirely clear who's
      > posting??

      Actually there are still quite a few people whose e-mail programs do not show the "sent from" field (or who have it turned off).

      It's also a bit difficult sometimes to associate "jxqz3462@..." or "jsmithjones@..." with Lord Whatsit if you don't already know him personally ;) What with Live Journal aliases, SCA names, mundane names and e-mails, it's sometimes hard to keep track of who's who.

    • George A. Trosper
      Message 2 of 5 , May 6, 2011
        On 5/3/2011 8:13 AM, Chris Laning wrote:
        > On May 2, 2011, at 7:44 PM, George A. Trosper wrote:
        >
        >> P.S. I'm happy to sign, as repeatedly requested by the PST Moderator,
        >> but isn't one's sent-from info sufficient to make entirely clear who's
        >> posting??
        >
        > Actually there are still quite a few people whose e-mail programs do not show the "sent from" field (or who have it turned off).
        >
        > It's also a bit difficult sometimes to associate "jxqz3462@..." or "jsmithjones@..." with Lord Whatsit if you don't already know him personally ;) What with Live Journal aliases, SCA names, mundane names and e-mails, it's sometimes hard to keep track of who's who.

        > O (Dame) Christian de Holacombe, OL - Shire of Windy Meads
        > + Kingdom of the West - Chris Laning<claning@...>
        > http://paternoster-row.org - http://paternosters.blogspot.com

        I didn't know the first point. Thank you!

        I did know the second point, just didn't think. Thank you even more!

        George/Gerard
        Loch Salann in Artemisia