Re: [Authentic_SCA] Elizabethan ‘visard mas k

  • George A. Trosper
    Message 1 of 5 , May 2, 2011
      On 12/20/2010 9:08 AM, Beth and Bob Matney wrote:
      > Since the topic of Elizabethan costuming has come up, I thought you
      > might like to se this
      > http://www.archnews.co.uk/latest-news/4145-an-amazing-find-of-an-elizabethan-%E2%80%98visard-mask.html
      >
      > Beth Matney
      Link is currently
      http://www.archnews.co.uk/press_releases/4145-an-amazing-find-of-an-elizabethan-%E2%80%98visard-mask.html
      --apparently they take the "latest news" bit seriously at ArchNews and
      it's been moved!

      George/Gerard

      P.S. I'm happy to sign, as repeatedly requested by the PST Moderator,
      but isn't one's sent-from info sufficient to make entirely clear who's
      posting??

      (On the other hand, I've been known to resequence other's postings
      myself when intermittent top-posting had occurred.)
    • Chris Laning
      Message 2 of 5 , May 3, 2011
        On May 2, 2011, at 7:44 PM, George A. Trosper wrote:

        > P.S. I'm happy to sign, as repeatedly requested by the PST Moderator,
        > but isn't one's sent-from info sufficient to make entirely clear who's
        > posting??

        Actually there are still quite a few people whose e-mail programs do not show the "sent from" field (or who have it turned off).

        It's also a bit difficult sometimes to associate "jxqz3462@..." or "jsmithjones@..." with Lord Whatsit if you don't already know him personally ;) What with Live Journal aliases, SCA names, mundane names and e-mails, it's sometimes hard to keep track of who's who.

      • George A. Trosper
        Message 3 of 5 , May 6, 2011
          On 5/3/2011 8:13 AM, Chris Laning wrote:
          > On May 2, 2011, at 7:44 PM, George A. Trosper wrote:
          >
          >> P.S. I'm happy to sign, as repeatedly requested by the PST Moderator,
          >> but isn't one's sent-from info sufficient to make entirely clear who's
          >> posting??
          >
          > Actually there are still quite a few people whose e-mail programs do not show the "sent from" field (or who have it turned off).
          >
          > It's also a bit difficult sometimes to associate "jxqz3462@..." or "jsmithjones@..." with Lord Whatsit if you don't already know him personally ;) What with Live Journal aliases, SCA names, mundane names and e-mails, it's sometimes hard to keep track of who's who.

          > O (Dame) Christian de Holacombe, OL - Shire of Windy Meads
          > + Kingdom of the West - Chris Laning<claning@...>
          > http://paternoster-row.org - http://paternosters.blogspot.com

          I didn't know the first point. Thank you!

          I did know the second point, just didn't think. Thank you even more!

          George/Gerard
          Loch Salann in Artemisia