Re: An introduction

  • Madame du Pont
    Message 1 of 19 , Apr 14 11:07 AM
      > I will review the seven and request your 50. My lady and I were very active in persona in Meridies and GA, taught classes on Speaking Forsoothly, are principles of the Order of Justinian for persona research and teaching, and sponsored several Golden circles at events within which one spoke forsoothly and confined conversations to period or SCA topics.
      > Colm Dubh
      > Herald Extraordinaire

      Dear Colm Dubh,
      What a sad story. I am so sorry for all that ye lost.
      I shall get the other questions to thee...need to scan them or something like that. I shall work on it on the morrow.

      I am glad to hear of your persona influence. It is was makes the SCA for me, otherwise we are just dressed up for a costume party.

      With just a very little effort (I encourage even just 'greetings' in persona), our events will have an air of the Middle Ages in Europe.

      Continue thy quest for the Dream, it takes us beyond sad situations to a place we want to be: The Current Middle Ages.

      A votre service,
      Madame du Pont
      Chateau du Merry Swan
      Shire de Tymberhavene
      Kindgom d'An Tir
    • Madame du Pont
      Message 2 of 19 , Apr 14 11:16 AM
        > >I thank you Madame. I have already won our local A&S title for last year; it was an amazing experience. Despite being the only competitor...
        >
        > The chance of our paths crossing is not beyond the realm of possibility, as I too am subject of the Kingdom of An Tir. I currently reside in the Shire of Bitter End, in the Principality of Avacal. And I shall most certainly seek out the document you mentioned.
        >
        > Monsieur Arnbjorn

        Bonjour Arnbjorn,

        Congratulations on winning thy local A & S championship. To enter and make the effort sets ye apart from many with good intentions, but never follow through. Thou art representing thy shire well.

        If ever I get to an event up north, I shall post on here. There are a couple others who work on persona I would like to meet up with. I have done 2 persona challenges down in the Principality of the Summits. Only a few were involved, but it sure made the event more fun and challenging and it is actually easy when you have others to interact with. You just have to stop a little to think about how to phrase something and not talk about modern things.

        Hang in there to the bitter end, and hopefully our paths will cross.

        Cheers,
        Madame du Pont
        Shire de Tymberhavene (Home of the An Tir/West War, June 30-July 4)
        Principality du Summits
        Kingdom d'An Tir
      • Scat@cfl.rr.com
        Message 3 of 19 , Apr 14 1:08 PM
          Thank you. My heart looks into yon past wherein mine eyes cannot see.

          Unfortunately, my disability allows me to use incorrect words in lieu of the
          correct ones; e.d., 'principle' when I obviously meant 'principal.' For a
          Professor Emeritus in English, doing so is quite embarrassing (I even wrote
          the pamphlet for the VA on that subject, called "Pouring over books."

          Colm

          House Black Dove