Re: An introduction

  • arnbjornraudfeldr
    Message 1 of 19 , Apr 13, 2011
      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Madame du Pont" <madamedupont@...> wrote:

      > Bonjour Monsieur Arnbjorn,
      >
      > Bienvenue to the adventure! Thou art doing a fine job. ...
      >

      >I thank you Madame. I have already won our local A&S title for last year; it was an amazing experience. Despite being the only competitor...

      The chance of our paths crossing is not beyond the realm of possibility, as I too am subject of the Kingdom of An Tir. I currently reside in the Shire of Bitter End, in the Principality of Avacal. And I shall most certainly seek out the document you mentioned.

      Monsieur Arnbjorn
    • Scat@cfl.rr.com
      Message 2 of 19 , Apr 13, 2011
        REPEATED MESSAGE DELETED BY MODERATOR

        I will review the seven and request your 50. My lady and I were very active
        in persona in Meridies and GA, taught classes on Speaking Forsoothly, are
        principles of the Order of Justinian for persona research and teaching, and
        sponsored several Golden circles at events within which one spoke forsoothly
        and confined conversations to period or SCA topics. Health has eliminated
        her and greatly restricted me since our flight to Trimaris because of the
        Deluge-the 24-ft storm surge from Katrina that drowned our 500-home
        subdivision that was 5 miles north of the 500 year flood zone line. We lost
        out cabinets of persona material and hundreds of books related to medieval
        garb, food, and social customs (we actually lost over 2000 but 700+ were on
        names and many others on grammars and dictionaries. We are both 100%
        disabled but I keep on kicking.

        Colm Dubh

        Herald Extraordinaire
      • Madame du Pont
        Message 3 of 19 , Apr 14, 2011
          > I will review the seven and request your 50. My lady and I were very active in persona in Meridies and GA, taught classes on Speaking Forsoothly, are principles of the Order of Justinian for persona research and teaching, and sponsored several Golden circles at events within which one spoke forsoothly and confined conversations to period or SCA topics.
          > Colm Dubh
          > Herald Extraordinaire

          Dear Colm Dubh,
          What a sad story. I am so sorry for all that ye lost.
          I shall get the other questions to thee...need to scan them or something like that. I shall work on it on the morrow.

          I am glad to hear of your persona influence. It is was makes the SCA for me, otherwise we are just dressed up for a costume party.

          With just a very little effort (I encourage even just 'greetings' in persona), our events will have an air of the Middle Ages in Europe.

          Continue thy quest for the Dream, it takes us beyond sad situations to a place we want to be: The Current Middle Ages.

          A votre service,
          Madame du Pont
          Chateau du Merry Swan
          Shire de Tymberhavene
          Kindgom d'An Tir
        • Madame du Pont
          Message 4 of 19 , Apr 14, 2011
            > >I thank you Madame. I have already won our local A&S title for last year; it was an amazing experience. Despite being the only competitor...
            >
            > The chance of our paths crossing is not beyond the realm of possibility, as I too am subject of the Kingdom of An Tir. I currently reside in the Shire of Bitter End, in the Principality of Avacal. And I shall most certainly seek out the document you mentioned.
            >
            > Monsieur Arnbjorn

            Bonjour Arnbjorn,

            Congratulations on winning thy local A & S championship. To enter and make the effort sets ye apart from many with good intentions, but never follow through. Thou art representing thy shire well.

            If ever I get to an event up north, I shall post on here. There are a couple others who work on persona I would like to meet up with. I have done 2 persona challenges down in the Principality of the Summits. Only a few were involved, but it sure made the event more fun and challenging and it is actually easy when you have others to interact with. You just have to stop a little to think about how to phrase something and not talk about modern things.

            Hang in there to the bitter end, and hopefully our paths will cross.

            Cheers,
            Madame du Pont
            Shire de Tymberhavene (Home of the An Tir/West War, June 30-July 4)
            Principality du Summits
            Kingdom d'An Tir
          • Scat@cfl.rr.com
            Message 5 of 19 , Apr 14, 2011
              Thank you. My heart looks into yon past wherein mine eyes cannot see.

              Unfortunately, my disability allows me to use incorrect words in lieu of the
              correct ones; e.d., 'principle' when I obviously meant 'principal.' For a
              Professor Emeritus in English, doing so is quite embarrassing (I even wrote
              the pamphlet for the VA on that subject, called "Pouring over books."

              Colm

              House Black Dove