Yahoo Group for the 24 hour blacksmiths challenge

  • Despair Bear
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 12, 2011
      I have created a yahoo group to help work toward the goal of actually running the 24 hour blacksmiths challenge. If you are interested in participating we are looking for blacksmiths, blacksmith apprentices, cooks, wood workers, autocrat staff, chirurgeons, people to carry heavy stuff, brewers, party goers, groupies, musicians, researchers, really anyone who thinks they have something to offer in this epic quest.

      Here is the link to the yahoo group:

      Just to remind people:

      The year is 1588, invasion is coming across the seas from Spain. The call has gone out for all good Englishmen to take up arms in defense of Briton. But these brave men (and women) will need weapons to fight off the armies of Spain. So out to the smiths goes the call, help us, arm us, do your part to defend our shores. So the smiths of England come together for an epic feat, to arm all of Briton for the coming invasion.

      Smiths in period garb, using period tools, eating period food, drinking period booze (WOO HOO!), bandaging their burns with period medicine (maybe the period booze was not a good idea), and making period weapons over 24 hours with the anvils ALWAYS ringing. Breaks for food and sleep but with one smith and several apprentices ALWAYS working the forge over the 24 hour period.

      Perhaps with all the weapons made going to an auction and the proceeds going to a charity?
    • Despair Bear