Elizabethan ‘visard mask

  • Beth and Bob Matney
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 20, 2010
      Since the topic of Elizabethan costuming has come up, I thought you
      might like to se this
      http://www.archnews.co.uk/latest-news/4145-an-amazing-find-of-an-elizabethan-%E2%80%98visard-mask.html

      Beth Matney
    • CLEY
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 20, 2010
        MODERATOR NOTE - As a courtesy to our members who receive their list-mail in digest form, we request that you not top post. Please snip any part of the previous message that does not require repetition. Thank you. Saionji no Hana, Pacific Time Zone Moderator.

        Message order reversed:

        On 12/20/2010 8:08 AM, Beth and Bob Matney wrote:

        > Since the topic of Elizabethan costuming has come up, I thought you
        > might like to se this
        > http://www.archnews.co.uk/latest-news/4145-an-amazing-find-of-an-elizabethan-%E2%80%98visard-mask.html

        Fascinating! Thanks for sharing!

        Arlys
      • George A. Trosper
        Message 3 of 5 , May 2 7:44 PM
          On 12/20/2010 9:08 AM, Beth and Bob Matney wrote:
          > Since the topic of Elizabethan costuming has come up, I thought you
          > might like to se this
          > http://www.archnews.co.uk/latest-news/4145-an-amazing-find-of-an-elizabethan-%E2%80%98visard-mask.html
          >
          > Beth Matney
          Link is currently
          http://www.archnews.co.uk/press_releases/4145-an-amazing-find-of-an-elizabethan-%E2%80%98visard-mask.html
          --apparently they take the "latest news" bit seriously at ArchNews and
          it's been moved!

          George/Gerard

          P.S. I'm happy to sign, as repeatedly requested by the PST Moderator,
          but isn't one's sent-from info sufficient to make entirely clear who's
          posting??

          (On the other hand, I've been known to resequence other's postings
          myself when intermittent top-posting had occurred.)
        • Chris Laning
          Message 4 of 5 , May 3 7:13 AM
            On May 2, 2011, at 7:44 PM, George A. Trosper wrote:

            > P.S. I'm happy to sign, as repeatedly requested by the PST Moderator,
            > but isn't one's sent-from info sufficient to make entirely clear who's
            > posting??

            Actually there are still quite a few people whose e-mail programs do not show the "sent from" field (or who have it turned off).

            It's also a bit difficult sometimes to associate "jxqz3462@..." or "jsmithjones@..." with Lord Whatsit if you don't already know him personally ;) What with Live Journal aliases, SCA names, mundane names and e-mails, it's sometimes hard to keep track of who's who.

          • George A. Trosper
            Message 5 of 5 , May 6 7:44 AM
              On 5/3/2011 8:13 AM, Chris Laning wrote:
              > On May 2, 2011, at 7:44 PM, George A. Trosper wrote:
              >
              >> P.S. I'm happy to sign, as repeatedly requested by the PST Moderator,
              >> but isn't one's sent-from info sufficient to make entirely clear who's
              >> posting??
              >
              > Actually there are still quite a few people whose e-mail programs do not show the "sent from" field (or who have it turned off).
              >
              > It's also a bit difficult sometimes to associate "jxqz3462@..." or "jsmithjones@..." with Lord Whatsit if you don't already know him personally ;) What with Live Journal aliases, SCA names, mundane names and e-mails, it's sometimes hard to keep track of who's who.

              > O (Dame) Christian de Holacombe, OL - Shire of Windy Meads
              > + Kingdom of the West - Chris Laning<claning@...>
              > http://paternoster-row.org - http://paternosters.blogspot.com

              I didn't know the first point. Thank you!

              I did know the second point, just didn't think. Thank you even more!

              George/Gerard
              Loch Salann in Artemisia