Re: Analysis of a 16th Century Italian Gown

  • Jennifer
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 20, 2010
      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Michael Hurley <mephit@...> wrote:

      > On Dec 10, 2010, at 8:20 PM, Jennifer wrote:
      > > I used Drea Lead's smock generator
      >

      > I've not heard of this. It sounds quite useful. Is this an
      > application? A website? A technique you learned in a class? Is this
      > something which can be shared with the others of us who perhaps have
      > not heard of it? Or am I the only one who hadn't? Thanks!
      > --
      > Auf wiedersehen!
      > Michael

      I apologize for not posting the site but others on this group got it exactly right. Drea has put up a pattern generator for smocks (http://www.elizabethancostume.net/smockpat/), for a set of bodies (http://www.elizabethancostume.net/custompat/index.html) and a corded farthingale (http://www.elizabethancostume.net/cordpett.html) among other things. Her site (http://www.elizabethancostume.net/) is, in my humble opinion, one of the best places to start when studying Elizabethan costuming.

      Anybody have any thoughts on my questions in my original post? I have many more pictures and questions to post but wanted to start small. Thanks!

      Jennifer