Re: [Authentic_SCA] Analysis of a 16th Century Italian Gown

  • Michael Hurley
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 13, 2010
      On Dec 13, 2010, at 9:11 PM, Catherine Olanich Raymond wrote:
      > On 12/13/2010 11:09 PM, Michael Hurley wrote:
      >> On Dec 10, 2010, at 8:20 PM, Jennifer wrote:
      >>> I used Drea Lead's smock generator
      >
      > It's much easier to give you the URL and let you explore for yourself,
      > so here it is:
      >
      > http://www.elizabethancostume.net/smockpat/

      Thanks muchly to both yourself and JL Badgley for pointing me to it.
      Excellent!
      --
      Auf wiedersehen!
      Michael

      "..No."

      -Real Genius
    • Jennifer
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 20, 2010
        --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Michael Hurley <mephit@...> wrote:

        > On Dec 10, 2010, at 8:20 PM, Jennifer wrote:
        > > I used Drea Lead's smock generator
        >

        > I've not heard of this. It sounds quite useful. Is this an
        > application? A website? A technique you learned in a class? Is this
        > something which can be shared with the others of us who perhaps have
        > not heard of it? Or am I the only one who hadn't? Thanks!
        > --
        > Auf wiedersehen!
        > Michael

        I apologize for not posting the site but others on this group got it exactly right. Drea has put up a pattern generator for smocks (http://www.elizabethancostume.net/smockpat/), for a set of bodies (http://www.elizabethancostume.net/custompat/index.html) and a corded farthingale (http://www.elizabethancostume.net/cordpett.html) among other things. Her site (http://www.elizabethancostume.net/) is, in my humble opinion, one of the best places to start when studying Elizabethan costuming.

        Anybody have any thoughts on my questions in my original post? I have many more pictures and questions to post but wanted to start small. Thanks!

        Jennifer