Re: [Authentic_SCA] Analysis of a 16th Century Italian Gown

  • JL Badgley
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 13, 2010
      On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 10:09 AM, Michael Hurley <mephit@...> wrote:

      > On Dec 10, 2010, at 8:20 PM, Jennifer wrote:
      > > I used Drea Lead's smock generator
      >
      > I've not heard of this. It sounds quite useful. Is this an
      > application? A website? A technique you learned in a class? Is this
      > something which can be shared with the others of us who perhaps have
      > not heard of it? Or am I the only one who hadn't? Thanks!

      I hadn't either, but I found this:

      http://www.elizabethancostume.net/smockpat/

      Is that what is being referred to?

      -Ii

    • Catherine Olanich Raymond
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 13, 2010
        On 12/13/2010 11:09 PM, Michael Hurley wrote:
        > On Dec 10, 2010, at 8:20 PM, Jennifer wrote:
        >> I used Drea Lead's smock generator

        It's much easier to give you the URL and let you explore for yourself,
        so here it is:

        http://www.elizabethancostume.net/smockpat/

        --
        Cathy Raymond
        cathy@...

        "I'm a little bit disappointed that cat plus Internet doesn't equal
        YouTube."— Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
      • Michael Hurley
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 13, 2010
          On Dec 13, 2010, at 9:11 PM, Catherine Olanich Raymond wrote:
          > On 12/13/2010 11:09 PM, Michael Hurley wrote:
          >> On Dec 10, 2010, at 8:20 PM, Jennifer wrote:
          >>> I used Drea Lead's smock generator
          >
          > It's much easier to give you the URL and let you explore for yourself,
          > so here it is:
          >
          > http://www.elizabethancostume.net/smockpat/

          Thanks muchly to both yourself and JL Badgley for pointing me to it.
          Excellent!
          --
          Auf wiedersehen!
          Michael

          "..No."

          -Real Genius
        • Jennifer
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 20, 2010
            --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Michael Hurley <mephit@...> wrote:

            > On Dec 10, 2010, at 8:20 PM, Jennifer wrote:
            > > I used Drea Lead's smock generator
            >

            > I've not heard of this. It sounds quite useful. Is this an
            > application? A website? A technique you learned in a class? Is this
            > something which can be shared with the others of us who perhaps have
            > not heard of it? Or am I the only one who hadn't? Thanks!
            > --
            > Auf wiedersehen!
            > Michael

            I apologize for not posting the site but others on this group got it exactly right. Drea has put up a pattern generator for smocks (http://www.elizabethancostume.net/smockpat/), for a set of bodies (http://www.elizabethancostume.net/custompat/index.html) and a corded farthingale (http://www.elizabethancostume.net/cordpett.html) among other things. Her site (http://www.elizabethancostume.net/) is, in my humble opinion, one of the best places to start when studying Elizabethan costuming.

            Anybody have any thoughts on my questions in my original post? I have many more pictures and questions to post but wanted to start small. Thanks!

            Jennifer