Re: [Authentic_SCA] Analysis of a 16th Century Italian Gown

  • Michael Hurley
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 13, 2010
      On Dec 10, 2010, at 8:20 PM, Jennifer wrote:
      > I used Drea Lead's smock generator

      I've not heard of this. It sounds quite useful. Is this an
      application? A website? A technique you learned in a class? Is this
      something which can be shared with the others of us who perhaps have
      not heard of it? Or am I the only one who hadn't? Thanks!
      --
      Auf wiedersehen!
      Michael

      "..No."

      -Real Genius
    • JL Badgley
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 13, 2010
        On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 10:09 AM, Michael Hurley <mephit@...> wrote:

        > On Dec 10, 2010, at 8:20 PM, Jennifer wrote:
        > > I used Drea Lead's smock generator
        >
        > I've not heard of this. It sounds quite useful. Is this an
        > application? A website? A technique you learned in a class? Is this
        > something which can be shared with the others of us who perhaps have
        > not heard of it? Or am I the only one who hadn't? Thanks!

        I hadn't either, but I found this:

        http://www.elizabethancostume.net/smockpat/

        Is that what is being referred to?

        -Ii

      • Catherine Olanich Raymond
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 13, 2010
          On 12/13/2010 11:09 PM, Michael Hurley wrote:
          > On Dec 10, 2010, at 8:20 PM, Jennifer wrote:
          >> I used Drea Lead's smock generator

          It's much easier to give you the URL and let you explore for yourself,
          so here it is:

          http://www.elizabethancostume.net/smockpat/

          --
          Cathy Raymond
          cathy@...

          "I'm a little bit disappointed that cat plus Internet doesn't equal
          YouTube."— Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
        • Michael Hurley
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 13, 2010
            On Dec 13, 2010, at 9:11 PM, Catherine Olanich Raymond wrote:
            > On 12/13/2010 11:09 PM, Michael Hurley wrote:
            >> On Dec 10, 2010, at 8:20 PM, Jennifer wrote:
            >>> I used Drea Lead's smock generator
            >
            > It's much easier to give you the URL and let you explore for yourself,
            > so here it is:
            >
            > http://www.elizabethancostume.net/smockpat/

            Thanks muchly to both yourself and JL Badgley for pointing me to it.
            Excellent!
            --
            Auf wiedersehen!
            Michael

            "..No."

            -Real Genius
          • Jennifer
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 20, 2010
              --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Michael Hurley <mephit@...> wrote:

              > On Dec 10, 2010, at 8:20 PM, Jennifer wrote:
              > > I used Drea Lead's smock generator
              >

              > I've not heard of this. It sounds quite useful. Is this an
              > application? A website? A technique you learned in a class? Is this
              > something which can be shared with the others of us who perhaps have
              > not heard of it? Or am I the only one who hadn't? Thanks!
              > --
              > Auf wiedersehen!
              > Michael

              I apologize for not posting the site but others on this group got it exactly right. Drea has put up a pattern generator for smocks (http://www.elizabethancostume.net/smockpat/), for a set of bodies (http://www.elizabethancostume.net/custompat/index.html) and a corded farthingale (http://www.elizabethancostume.net/cordpett.html) among other things. Her site (http://www.elizabethancostume.net/) is, in my humble opinion, one of the best places to start when studying Elizabethan costuming.

              Anybody have any thoughts on my questions in my original post? I have many more pictures and questions to post but wanted to start small. Thanks!

              Jennifer