Re: [Authentic_SCA] Re: Questions about Mantles/Hoods/Short Cloaks

  • Kendra Deveraux
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 23, 2010
      Thank you for the early period information (and yep I was asking female
      dress, I just had a moment and forgot to include it.)

      Thanks
      Kendra
    • The Dark Lady
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 24, 2010
        I have evidence of that sort of hoodless cape for Pictish men. It is striped, about elbow length, and may be of fur, but since the evidence is on a carved stone, the material is largely conjecture. For the relevant image, see the upper right of page 6 of my handout The Well Dressed Pict, available at: http://eithni.com/referencedesk/TheWell-DressedPict.pdf

        ~Eithni

        When he has obtained those things which are necessary to life, there is another alternative than to obtain the superfluities; and that is, to adventure on life now, his vacation from humbler toil having commenced. ---Thoreau
      • Quokkaqueen
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 24, 2010
          <<snip>>
          All these shawls seem to be roughly 1m x 2.5 m.
          <<snip>>

          Slip of the fingers, that should be 1x1.5 m, not 2.5.

          Sorry,
          ~Asfridhr, needs to learn to proofread better.