Re: Eels

  • Kender
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 6, 2010
      I just read this cookbook which has some recipes (redacted, with original sources listed) for eel.

      The Medieval Kitchen: Recipes from France and Italy
      by Odile Redon, Francoise Sabban and Silvano Serventi, translated by Edward Schneider
      ISBN-13: 978-0226706856
      I think it is very reasonably priced on Amazon.

      The book says that eel was highly valued, and the original recipes suggest other types of fish to use if eel is unavailable.

      I have only had eel in sushi so I'm interested in trying some of these!
      -Kunigunde