Wijster Clothing?

  • Quokkaqueen
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 11, 2010
      Hi all,

      I hope someone who knows about 16th century dress can help. I'm interested in the clothing found with the four bog bodies from Wijster, Drenthe, but I haven't been able to find any references about it. (There is a really interesting article about a recent study that confirmed that they're contemporary with the coin they were found with: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016%2Fj.jas.2003.09.012 but nothing about the clothing per se is there.)

      Anyone know of any references or leads?
      Wikipedia has a photo of a reconstructed outfit from Drents museum, but I can't find anything on their website about it: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moorleichen_von_Wijster

      Thanks in advance!
      ~Asfridhr