Re: Authentic SCA groups in Mid -Atlantic States

  • Kender
    Message 1 of 21 , Jun 11, 2010
      MODERATOR NOTE: As a courtesy to our members who receive their list-mail in digest form, we request that you not top post. Please snip those parts of previous messages that do not require repetition. Thank you. Jehanne de Wodeford, Pacific time Zone Moderator.

      MESSAGE ORDER REVERSED:

      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "tuckahoe1607" <tom.apple@...> wrote:

      > (...)
      > I am acquainted with folks in Das Teufels Alpendrucken Fahnlein and also with Gardiners from my volunteer work at Jamestown Settlement.
      >
      > I'm looking more toward 14th c./Hundred Years War. I've contacted La Belle Compagnie and am looking into that group. I was about wondering groups of that period within the SCA.

      I'm a long-time member of Das Teufels Alpdruecken Fahnlein and of the SCA. Most of the group are not SCA members, but we used to do the occasional event with Kurriere des Todes. Unfortunately our webpage is out of date but feel free to email me with any questions.

      There's an extensive list of living history units on http://www.reenactor.net - also out of date. I wish I had more time to work on webpages.

      Coming to the most relevant portion of this post: A number of the members of Lord Grey's Retinue ( http://www.lordgreys.org/ ) are also very active in the SCA, and live in the DC/northern VA area (baronies of Storvik and Ponte Alto).

      -Kunigunde