RE: Households (WAS Re: [Authentic_SCA] Authentic SCA groups in Mid-Atlantic States)

  • Scott
    Message 1 of 21 , Jun 9, 2010
      In Caid I was familiar with both time-&-culture households and with cooking
      households; in Meridies/Gleann Abhann,

      I headed up a generic A&S household and was a member of another household
      that specialized in Comedia dell' Arte-

      a very time-&-culture-focused thespian art. Everyone in my personal
      household was either a Laurel or an apprentice

      and all entered A&S competitions at all levels: shire, barony, principality,
      kingdom. We offered various A&S classes

      in our home. I was only familiar with two other households: one for Vikings
      and one for SCA politics. I was too busy

      in Meridies/Gleann Abhann to notice what other households were doing.

      Colm Dubh
    • CLEY
      Message 2 of 21 , Jun 10, 2010

        > Antonio wrote:
        > Now now have pocket-sized printed timetables and a bell chimes the hours
        > from 8:00am to 8:00pm. .......

        We actually do something very similar here--our Town Criers have
        scheduled announcement times, and remind people when the next one is, if
        they have anything that needs announcing around then.

        I live in An Tir's Herald Central, so a shortage of heralds here is very
        seldom an issue. However, here even a mid-size event can be very spread
        out/have very strange accoustics (lots of hills and rivers and valleys
        in the sites we use), and that's what we need to be careful about
        addressing. They do usually announce the printed schedule though.

        Arlys
      • Kender
        Message 3 of 21 , Jun 11, 2010
          MODERATOR NOTE: As a courtesy to our members who receive their list-mail in digest form, we request that you not top post. Please snip those parts of previous messages that do not require repetition. Thank you. Jehanne de Wodeford, Pacific time Zone Moderator.

          MESSAGE ORDER REVERSED:

          --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "tuckahoe1607" <tom.apple@...> wrote:

          > (...)
          > I am acquainted with folks in Das Teufels Alpendrucken Fahnlein and also with Gardiners from my volunteer work at Jamestown Settlement.
          >
          > I'm looking more toward 14th c./Hundred Years War. I've contacted La Belle Compagnie and am looking into that group. I was about wondering groups of that period within the SCA.

          I'm a long-time member of Das Teufels Alpdruecken Fahnlein and of the SCA. Most of the group are not SCA members, but we used to do the occasional event with Kurriere des Todes. Unfortunately our webpage is out of date but feel free to email me with any questions.

          There's an extensive list of living history units on http://www.reenactor.net - also out of date. I wish I had more time to work on webpages.

          Coming to the most relevant portion of this post: A number of the members of Lord Grey's Retinue ( http://www.lordgreys.org/ ) are also very active in the SCA, and live in the DC/northern VA area (baronies of Storvik and Ponte Alto).

          -Kunigunde