Re: Museums in Washington DC

  • Karen
    Message 1 of 8 , May 27, 2010
      You can find a list of some of the museums with SCA-period stuff in Washington, DC at http://moas.atlantia.sca.org/wsnlinks/index.php?action=displaycat&catid=1142

      I'd especially recommend the Folger Shakespeare Library (www.folger.edu), the National Gallery of Art (www.nga.gov), and the National Cathedral and its medieval gardens (www.cathedral.org).

      I've also set up my blog so that you can find temporary museum exhibitions in a specific city by going to the city's tag -- so you can find DC exhibitions at http://larsdatter.com/wordpress/?tag=washington-dc
      (or Baltimore exhibitions at http://larsdatter.com/wordpress/?tag=baltimore%c2%a0too!)

      If you're visiting the area in June, be sure to catch some of the concerts in the Washington Early Music Festival -- www.earlymusicdc.org -- this year's Festival has a theme of early French music, but there's several concerts and workshops relating to medieval French music in particular.

      (You can also visit http://www.earlymusicdc.org/emdc/concerts/index.htm%c2%a0to find DC-area medieval music concerts through the rest of the year, too; the DC area generally has at least one early music concert every week between about September and May, but the calendar for 2010-2011 is still waiting on a bunch of ensembles and venues to announce their schedules.)

      Karen Larsdatter
      www.larsdatter.com