A challange issued to the blacksmiths of the Kingdom

  • Despair Bear
    Message 1 of 2 , May 26, 2010
      A challenge to the blacksmiths of the Kingdom, in fact to the smiths of the known world. At June crown in the Kingdom of the West, let us show the kingdom our skills by each working an item from start to finish on site using the most authentic tools available to us. And at the end of that day let us donate our wares to the Kingdom largess coffers that the whole of the know world will know not only the skills of the Western smiths but also our generosity.

      Who will answer this challenge and join me in brotherhood and good spirited competition to show our skills and fill the coffers of the Kingdom?

      Godric

      PS. I have cleared this with the event autocrat and I will be bringing my forge, anvil, tools, scrap steel and a pedal powered grindstone. If you have tools or equipment you would be willing to bring, the more the merrier. And perhaps if you are lucky I will bring along a bit of home brewed hard cider and mead to wash the soot from our throats after the day is done.
    • Despair Bear
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 16, 2010
        A reminder to the Populous:
        This weekend at West Crown will be my open invitation to the blacksmiths of the known word to come and join me in good natured competition as we demonstrate our skills with hammer and anvil to swell the largess of the kingdom. My challenge to you, under the watchful eye of the populous of the kingdom, to work from start to finish on an item that will be completed on site using the most authentic methods available to us. These items we make with our skill and our sweat will then be donated to the kingdom largess that the Known world will know not only the skill of Western blacksmiths but also our generosity. All are welcome to come and observe, for threw teaching and example our skills are refined and our love of fire and steel passed on to a new circle of smiths.

        Godric