Re: An owl displayed

  • eldwin_nightowl
    Message 1 of 9 , May 6, 2010
      MODERATOR NOTE - As a courtesy to our many members who receive their list mail in digest form, we ask that you not top post. Please delete any text which does not require repetition. Thank you. Jehanne de Wodeford, Pacific Time Zone Moderator

      REPEATED MESSAGE DELETED

      Yes. I've found several examples, but here's one: "The arms (ones granted on 7th November 1894) are based on those of the ancient family of Oldham, which are Sable a chevron Or between three Owls Argent on a Chief Or three Roses Gules." http://www.civicheraldry.co.uk/lancs_pre74.html#oldham cbc

      You'd have to check the dates for yourself, but there are many devices with owls at http://www.ngw.nl/themes/uil.htm

      I hope this helps!

      -- Eldwin Nightowl
    • eldwin_nightowl
      Message 2 of 9 , May 6, 2010
        MODERATOR NOTE - As a courtesy to our many members who receive their list mail in digest form, we ask that you not top post. Please delete any text which does not require repetition. Thank you. Jehanne de Wodeford, Pacific Time Zone Moderator

        REPEATED MESSAGE DELETED

        I'll check that--thanks!

        \
      • Tiffany Brown
        Message 3 of 9 , May 6, 2010
          On 7 May 2010 01:38, oisswafford <oisswafford@...> wrote:
          > This book has several owls with blazons and emblazons.  A couple of them are:

          Which book please?

          thanks so much for the information. I've been focussed on early
          period, so the heraldry I've begun to look at has had pretty low
          chances of showing up an owl even if they were a rare but used charge.

          Teffania

          --
          . ___
          {o,o} The blog you are not looking for