Hunt Guild Persona Challenge

  • Madame du Pont
    Message 1 of 1 , May 6, 2010
      Note: This is the event I went to last year!! It was a fantastic adventure. Hitching a ride with the wonderful Macha, the Determined from Portland (first time I had met her), taking Pluto, my dog.Sleeping 2 nights in the horse trailer (who would have ever thought???).

      The horse events were great and the PERSONA CHALLENGE was WONDERFUL!!! These people take over 3 hours talking about their persona. Some people spend 1-2 years doing the research and serve period food or show the period encampment and clothes they have and they ALL have to demonstrate an hunting technique that would have been used by their persona. A Welsh man talked how he gathered eggs from the cliffs, a lady from Spain demonstrated a net to catch rabbits and actually caught a bird and as she tried to free it, it kept biting her. A Welsh lady had an elongated woven basket to catch eels or anything else that got caught in it.

      It is worth going for the adventure of it all....ferry boat ride (reservations recommended, REALLY, make reservations). (There is also a tournament, lots of horse events and other animals, feast, merchants, and it was here the first time I did thrown weapons.) They were a bit lean on A & S, but I made a banner to give away. I won't be going this year :( . That was my 'big' trip last year. This year it was Estrella Wars. Can only do one big trip, well, 2 this year if you count Europe when Anna van der Meere and I go in September... :)

      Anyone can join the Hunt Guild and start a chapter in your shire- it is SCA-wide (website below)...I joined when I heard about it at May Crown 2 years ago where Pluto won the barding contest and he had to do a trick. (picture attached). He rolled over. (I did have to starve him most the day so that piece of pepperoni was looking like a really good thing when he needed to roll-over.) Victory was ours!!
      Cheers, Madame du Pont

      Donwenna La Mareschale April 27 at 1:36pm Reply
      From Samira:
      melodyrythem@...
      It's that time of
      year again... time for the An Tir Hunt Guild Persona Challenge.

      As always, the Challenge takes place during Summer Hunt in the Shire of
      Earnrokke (July 23-25, 2010... Oak Harbor, WA.)

      We are now
      taking applications for the Challenge!!! If you wish to participate this year please have your letters of intent and applications to me by June
      15th. Requirements for the challenge levels can be found on the Hunt
      Guild website at www.huntguild.org If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

      In Service,
      HL Samira al-Waddi
      Veneur and Hunt Guild Minister (An Tir)