Investiture "script'

  • Karen Tricomo
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 26 8:36 AM
      Does anyone have a resource for the format or type of script that would be used in an Investiture ceremony? All I seem to be able to "Google" is Girl Scouts or videos of "modern" Royals...Even the basic script of our SCA Investiture oaths, etc would be at least a pattern I could follow...

      Catherine Holcombe of Arden

    • aheilvei
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 26 8:43 AM
        Catherine,

        It would help greatly to know what time frame and country you want the investiture to have taken place. For instance, the script on a document from 10th century England is different from that of the script on a document from 16th century Italy....

        Smiles,
        Despina
      • Guenievre de Monmarche
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 26 8:47 AM
          On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 11:36 AM, Karen Tricomo <piccolopwr@...>wrote:

          > Does anyone have a resource for the format or type of script that would be
          > used in an Investiture ceremony? All I seem to be able to "Google" is Girl
          > Scouts or videos of "modern" Royals...Even the basic script of our SCA
          > Investiture oaths, etc would be at least a pattern I could follow...
          >
          > Catherine Holcombe of Arden
          >

          > At least in Atlantia, it varies by monarch/baronage. Girard and I tried
          very hard to come up with a formula for our oaths that would at least *feel*
          period, though:

          *Your Majesties, we, Girard and Guenievre, do homage unto you with respect
          to the fief of Windmasters Hill, and will bear you fealty in life and limb
          and earthly honor. We shall be loyal and true unto you, our liege lord, as
          the rightful Crown of Atlantia. We swear we shall govern the barony well and
          truly, with all our might, ability and diligence, during our term as baron
          and baroness. We will maintain all the franchises of the barony, and every
          parcel thereof, with all power, wisdom and acumen, and perform all other
          duties that pertain to our station. Thus we swear and affirm.*
          *
          *
          *The sources for that are here:
          http://www.erminespot.com/2009/02/19/fealty-to-the-crown-of-atlantia/ (sorry
          for the weirdness at the top of the page, I need to work on my website and
          haven't had a chance lately...)*
          *
          *

          Baronne Guenièvre

        • wodeford
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 26 9:01 AM
            --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Karen Tricomo <piccolopwr@...> wrote:
            > Even the basic script of our SCA Investiture oaths, etc would be at least a pattern I could follow...

            Ceremony scripts for the West Kingdom and its principalities can be found at http://heralds.westkingdom.org/Ceremony/index.htm

            Saionji no Hanae
            West Kingdom