RE: [Authentic_SCA] Re: Name woes ...

  • Scott
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 23, 2010
      Unless she has the exact phrase 'de Salernum' documented, I would tend to agree. The Latin used in the 11th century codex that I examined did have many non-standard endings (e.g., non-classical).

      N. Scott Catledge, PhD/STD

      Professor Emeritus

      history & languages

      THL Colm Dubh

      Herald Extraordinaire

      Ensign Herald, Trimaris

      Apprentice to Master Finn Normansson, Baron Seleone

      Wouldn't the preposition "de" take the ablative? Thus "de Salerno"?

      Tangwystyl