Re: The never-ending journey of persona development ...

  • xina007eu
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 7, 2010
      Hi Madame du Pont,

      for your visit to Paris, I'd like to recommend the Mediaeval Museum (Musée du Moyen Âge), see http://www.musee-moyenage.fr
      It's located quite centrally and houses the "Lady with the unicorn" tapestries and a lot of other interesting objects in a beautiful building. The tapestries alone are worth a visit.
      Also, the church of Sainte Chapelle with its stained glass windows is worth a visit, it's quite close to Notre Dame.
      If you have some time, I can recommend the church of Saint Denis, a bit outside the centre. The area looks a bit rough, but the church is beautiful and contains the monuments for many French monarchs and other nobility. The tomb of Anne de Bretagne is especially beautiful.

      Best regards,

      Christina

      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Madame du Pont" <madamedupont@...> wrote:

      > REPEATED MESSAGE DELETED BY MODERATOR.
      >
      > Bonjour,
      > I am going to Paris on a tour in September. I am taking one of my SCA dresses to walk around in, to hopefully be inspired and soak it all in as I to Notre Dame and the Louvre Museum and walk the staircases that Margot walked, etc.....
      >
      > I am going with another lady who has never been to Europe and she is also in the SCA...we are so excited....
      >
      > Madame du Pont
      > Shire de Tymberhavene (Home of An Tir/West War, July 1-5)
      > Kingdom d'An Tir

    • Madame du Pont
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 7, 2010
        MODERATOR NOTE: As a courtesy to those members who receive their list mail in digest form, we request that you do not top post. Please trim portions of previous posts that do not require repetition. Thank you.
        Jehanne de Wodeford, Pacific Time Zone Moderator.
        (MESSAGE ORDER REVERSED AND SNIPPED FOR CONTEXT)

        --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "xina007eu" <Christina_Lemke@...> wrote:
        > for your visit to Paris, I'd like to recommend the Mediaeval Museum (Musée du Moyen Âge), see http://www.musee-moyenage.fr

        <SNIPPED>
        > Also, the church of Sainte Chapelle with its stained glass windows is worth a visit, it's quite close to Notre Dame.
        > If you have some time, I can recommend the church of Saint Denis, a bit outside the centre.

        Merci...I have saved the information and look forward to visiting those places. We have a 'day on our own' in Paris...Madame du Pont