Re: [Authentic_SCA] Re: Persona Development

  • Hawkyns
    Message 1 of 44 , Apr 5, 2010
      One of the things I have always found most constricting about the Society is the concept that we are all nobility.  I chose to not pursue that path and came up as an apprentice to a harness and saddlemaker who joined the garrison at Skipton and came up through the ranks.  The conflict between my persona as a non noble military officer and my SCAdian rank as a double peer has been a problem at times.  Most times, I go with the persona, rather than the rank and save the rank for the couple of times a year that I might attend court.  My Queen is Elizabeth, not whoever is on the throne at any given time.

      Anyway, here are a couple more resources.  The first is a website about all things Elizabethan.  It is also available in book form.  http://www.elizabethan.org/compendium/home.html

      The other is a yahoo group, SCA-nautical.  They occasionally drift off topic, but some of the best minds in the Society with regard to ships hang out here.

      Hawkyns

      --- On Sun, 4/4/10, lord_peregrine_falconer <lord_peregrine_falconer@...> wrote:

      As an English (very minor) noble of 1595 I have the advantage of the probably the richest documentation of any SCA place or period, and it is in my native (and only) language, but as previously posted the topics of Society (all levels), Daily Life, and Social Activities are never really written down.  Are there any suggestions from the group?

      Peregrine Falconer, the Navigator

    • eldwin_nightowl
      Message 44 of 44 , May 6, 2010
        MODERATOR NOTE - As a courtesy to our many members who receive their list mail in digest form, we ask that you not top post. Please delete any text which does not require repetition. Thank you. Jehanne de Wodeford, Pacific Time Zone Moderator

        REPEATED MESSAGE DELETED

        Even though I'm an SCA lord, my primary persona is a 16th century
        Englishman who is not. He/I regretfully left the wondrous realm of
        Queen Elizabeth and am now living in a foreign land.

        -- Eldwin Nightowl <http://eldwin.loveshade.org/>