Cadfeal series

  • Madeleine D
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3, 2010
      Greetings,
      Would any of you say that the Cadfael series shows a good or bad example of mid 12th century English women's clothing? please explain your answers. I have been watching that and like alot of the simple gowns, but can't find the same style of examples on any of the 12th century clothing pages, especially the head dresses. Thanks...

      Yours in Service,
      Lady Alice de Hayroun
      aka Madeleine
    • Antonia di Benedetto Calvo
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3, 2010
        Madeleine D wrote:
        > Would any of you say that the Cadfael series shows a good or bad example of mid 12th century English women's clothing? please explain your answers. I have been watching that and like alot of the simple gowns, but can't find the same style of examples on any of the 12th century clothing pages, especially the head dresses. Thanks...

        I think you've answered your own question. The costumes from Cadfael
        don't jive with serious research.

        (My knowledge of twelfth century clothes is limited, and I'm not a fan
        of Cadfael, but I have seen it a little, and I don't think any of the
        clothing styles I saw were recognisably twelfth century.)

        --
        Antonia di Benedetto Calvo

        Habeo metrum - musicamque,
        hominem meam. Expectat alium quid?