Re: [Authentic_SCA] Re: Persona Development

  • Terry Wilson
    Message 1 of 44 , Mar 29, 2010
      I've enjoyed very much this thread on persona development and learned a lot, too.  Right now I'm trying to come up with a persona.  I'm interested in English legal and political history (feudalism, the early history of the common law and the early parliaments) of the second half of the 13th century, roughly the period near the end of the reign of Henry III and the beginning of the reign of Edward I.  My problem is in picking a persona that would fit that interest most closely while at the same time fitting into the social structure of the SCA.  Who in that period would be most interested in these developments?  Ordinary farmers, merchants, etc. would be aware of those things but wouldn't necessarily be concerned with them on a day-to-day basis.  How about lawyers, judges, stewards?  I would love to get some suggestions from list members.

      Thanks.

      Terry Wilson

    • eldwin_nightowl
      Message 44 of 44 , May 6, 2010
        MODERATOR NOTE - As a courtesy to our many members who receive their list mail in digest form, we ask that you not top post. Please delete any text which does not require repetition. Thank you. Jehanne de Wodeford, Pacific Time Zone Moderator

        REPEATED MESSAGE DELETED

        Even though I'm an SCA lord, my primary persona is a 16th century
        Englishman who is not. He/I regretfully left the wondrous realm of
        Queen Elizabeth and am now living in a foreign land.

        -- Eldwin Nightowl <http://eldwin.loveshade.org/>