Re: Persona Development

  • Madeleine D
    Message 1 of 44 , Mar 28, 2010
      Greetings,
      I gave a very brief class on persona development when I was a chatelaine and found(for me) was the questionnaire(handed out prior to the class, so they could research online) and discussing "who" I was, it gave people more of an idea of exactly what I was doing/looking at. I (at the time) was a Venetian noblewoman who was a widow and knew very little of the workings of the outside world, because at the time frame I had picked, I needed to know very little except the running of the household. I also had a few of the folks that had played for a long time explain themselves. That's the fun of the game, a person chooses how much or how little they want to know. I hope this helps you at least a little bit.

      Yours in Service,
      Lady Alice de Hayroun
      aka Madeleine Delacroix
      Shire of Briaroak
      Principality of the Summits
      Kingdom of An Tir

      "Madame du Pont" <madamedupont@...> wrote:

      > Bonjour Mis Amies,
      > I am teaching a class or more like facilitating a Persona Development/ Challenge April 17, Sat at Hocktide Emprise, just north of Medford, OR.
      >
      > I was at a class at Estrella War in February that got me on this path. I have found a few items on the internet to help get us going. Do you have any 'helps' with persona development. Or suggestions on the "How To?"
      >
      > I have a simple questionnaire of their persona, some hand outs, and then we are going to spend a few hours trying to be our persona. We are going to meet 10 minutes before court and the participants will choose a 'winner' for the day. This is a first time thing and I don't know if anyone else is interested. I am going to be talking it up on our local Yahoo Groups to see if there is interest.
      >
      > Any suggestions are welcomed.
      >
      > Merci beaucoup,
      > Madame du Pont
      > Chateau du Merry Swan
      > Shire de Tymberhavene
      > Principality du Summits
      > Kingdom d'An Tir

    • eldwin_nightowl
      Message 44 of 44 , May 6, 2010
        MODERATOR NOTE - As a courtesy to our many members who receive their list mail in digest form, we ask that you not top post. Please delete any text which does not require repetition. Thank you. Jehanne de Wodeford, Pacific Time Zone Moderator

        REPEATED MESSAGE DELETED

        Even though I'm an SCA lord, my primary persona is a 16th century
        Englishman who is not. He/I regretfully left the wondrous realm of
        Queen Elizabeth and am now living in a foreign land.

        -- Eldwin Nightowl <http://eldwin.loveshade.org/>