Re: [Authentic_SCA] Re: documentation suggestions?

  • Beth and Bob Matney
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 18, 2010
      Holdings are in various Scandinavian libraries.
      UCL (University College London) also has the
      issue. Try ILL (though I haven't found it in any
      US libraries or journal collections). At worse
      case, Volume 8 (1995) is available for SEK 100 from the link below.

      Laborativ arkeologi ISSN 1101-7848

      "The journal Laborativ Arkeologi has been
      published under the auspices of the
      Archaeological Research Laboratory at Stockholm
      University since 1986. In 1995 the sub-title
      Journal of Nordic Archaeological Science was
      introduced. Starting with volume 13 (published in
      October 2002), the journal continues under the
      name of Journal of Nordic Archaeological Science,
      acronym JONAS (new ISSN: 1650-1519). "
      http://www.archaeology.su.se/pub/jsp/polopoly.jsp?d=1812

      Hope this helps.
      Beth Matney

      At 09:12 AM 3/18/2010, Lena wrote:
      >I'm betting that it's from this article: Ågren,
      >T. (1995) "Fur in Birka. An examination of hair
      >residue on penannular brooches", Laborativ Arkeologi, vol. 8. pp.50-58.
      >
      >Unfortunately my copy is in storage, so I can't
      >check it for you. Perhaps you can find it via inter library loan?
      >
      >/Lena
    • George A. Trosper
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 18, 2010
        Folo Watkins wrote:
        > Our society AO
        That would be the Authenticity Officer of Regia Anglorum (to whom and
        which my admiration).
        > there is a Vikes document that refers . . .
        Is "Vikes" here slang for 'Viking' in a very general sense, or am I
        missing something?

        Thanks!
      • Folo Watkins
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 18, 2010
          >Is "Vikes" here slang for 'Viking' in a very general sense, or am I
          >missing something?

          "The Vikes" is a common referral to The Vikings!, the old Norse Film
          & Pageant Society and one of the oldest (maybe the oldest) and
          largest Viking Age reenactment groups.

          Cheers, Folo
          Micel Folcland, Regia Anglorum
        • Catherine Olanich Raymond
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 18, 2010
            MODERATOR NOTE: Please trim any portions of posts that do not require repetition. Thank you. Jehanne de Wodeford, Pacific Time Zone Moderator

            (MESSAGE EDITED)

            On Thursday 18 March 2010 10:12:42 am lenastrid wrote:
            > I'm betting that it's from this article: Ågren, T. (1995) "Fur in Birka. An
            > examination of hair residue on penannular brooches", Laborativ Arkeologi,
            > vol. 8. pp.50-58.
            >
            > Unfortunately my copy is in storage, so I can't check it for you. Perhaps
            > you can find it via inter library loan?

            I'll look for it. Thanks for the cite!

            --

            Cathy Raymond <cathy@...>

            "No one can make as disastrous a bad choice as a smart person, because they
            sell it to themselves really well."--Tobias Buckell
          • Catherine Olanich Raymond
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 18, 2010
              On Thursday 18 March 2010 11:02:31 am Beth and Bob Matney wrote:
              > Holdings are in various Scandinavian libraries.
              > UCL (University College London) also has the
              > issue. Try ILL (though I haven't found it in any
              > US libraries or journal collections). At worse
              > case, Volume 8 (1995) is available for SEK 100 from the link below.
              >
              > Laborativ arkeologi ISSN 1101-7848

              Even better. Thanks again!