Re: [Authentic_SCA] Headdress

  • CLEY
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 11, 2010
      sandra wrote:

      > Hello!
      > Maybe someone can help me? I'm reconstructing dress from the beginning
      > of 15th century (actual date of image is 1405) and I'm afaraid I will
      > not be able to go with the original headdress pictured there (it is
      > image of Cristine de Pisan Cite des dames- I can provide image if
      > needed). Maybe someone can suggest me more simple period headdress? I
      > need to use my dress actively- for festivals and dancing, which is the
      > main reason for the problems with headdress.
      > Thank you in advance!

      Greetings! Try googling

      Cynthia Virtue website

      She has gobs of info on hats and headdresses, including construction.

      Arlys

    • Cat
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 11, 2010
        (Please sign all posts to this list as a courtesy to others, thank you, Despina de la one moderator among a few)

        Have you seen the book "The Medieval Tailor's Assistant" by Sarah Thursfield? It's a wealth of information on clothes, and has a big section at the back all about hats. It's a wonderful book ...
      • sandra
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 15, 2010
          Thank you! Have never had this book...Will try to look

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 15, 2010
            Yes, i have done that. The problem is that I am looking for something ssimpler than hennin, but historicaly accurate at the same time ...

            --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, CLEY <cley56@...> wrote:
            Try googling Cynthia Virtue website

          • Cynthia J Ley
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 15, 2010
              They were also wearing those lovely fez-type headdresses, which are much
              easier to make and have stay on.

              Arlys

              On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 14:37:57 -0000 "sandra" <santaj_97@...> writes:
              > Yes, i have done that. The problem is that I am looking for something
              > ssimpler than hennin, but historicaly accurate at the same time ...
              >

              > --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, CLEY <cley56@...> wrote:
              > Try googling Cynthia Virtue website

              Love Spell
              Click here to light up your life with a love spell!
              http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/c?cp=DFNfLtgv9SkWW3fejuRzBgAAJ1Ab1ziC0HfHMYIqtG94c7E5AAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARwAAAAA=