Headdress

  • sandra
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 11, 2010
      Hello!
      Maybe someone can help me? I'm reconstructing dress from the beginning of 15th century (actual date of image is 1405) and I'm afaraid I will not be able to go with the original headdress pictured there (it is image of Cristine de Pisan Cite des dames- I can provide image if needed). Maybe someone can suggest me more simple period headdress? I need to use my dress actively- for festivals and dancing, which is the main reason for the problems with headdress.
      Thank you in advance!
    • CLEY
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 11, 2010
        sandra wrote:

        > Hello!
        > Maybe someone can help me? I'm reconstructing dress from the beginning
        > of 15th century (actual date of image is 1405) and I'm afaraid I will
        > not be able to go with the original headdress pictured there (it is
        > image of Cristine de Pisan Cite des dames- I can provide image if
        > needed). Maybe someone can suggest me more simple period headdress? I
        > need to use my dress actively- for festivals and dancing, which is the
        > main reason for the problems with headdress.
        > Thank you in advance!

        Greetings! Try googling

        Cynthia Virtue website

        She has gobs of info on hats and headdresses, including construction.

        Arlys

      • Cat
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 11, 2010
          (Please sign all posts to this list as a courtesy to others, thank you, Despina de la one moderator among a few)

          Have you seen the book "The Medieval Tailor's Assistant" by Sarah Thursfield? It's a wealth of information on clothes, and has a big section at the back all about hats. It's a wonderful book ...
        • sandra
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 15, 2010
            Thank you! Have never had this book...Will try to look

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 15, 2010
              Yes, i have done that. The problem is that I am looking for something ssimpler than hennin, but historicaly accurate at the same time ...

              --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, CLEY <cley56@...> wrote:
              Try googling Cynthia Virtue website

            • Cynthia J Ley
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 15, 2010
                They were also wearing those lovely fez-type headdresses, which are much
                easier to make and have stay on.

                Arlys

                On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 14:37:57 -0000 "sandra" <santaj_97@...> writes:
                > Yes, i have done that. The problem is that I am looking for something
                > ssimpler than hennin, but historicaly accurate at the same time ...
                >

                > --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, CLEY <cley56@...> wrote:
                > Try googling Cynthia Virtue website

                Love Spell
                Click here to light up your life with a love spell!
                http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/c?cp=DFNfLtgv9SkWW3fejuRzBgAAJ1Ab1ziC0HfHMYIqtG94c7E5AAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARwAAAAA=