War questions...

  • Karen Tricomo
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 25, 2010
      Greetings, all you WAR-interested folks out there!  Please help me get my head on straight!  Think 12th Century, Western-European (England-ish, if that makes a difference) ...

      I need to know if there's a reasonable precedent for night-fighting in a battle for territorial domination (at a Kingdom level).  Actual politics don't matter, I'm just wondering if real 12th C soldiers would fight at night and I don't want to rely on the "Battle for Helm's Deep" scene I've got stuck in my mind from LOTR.

      Ex: The war (I'm creating) has seen one day but at dusk on the second, the King of the "underdog/good guys" Kingdom gets killed, and I'm wondering if the fighting would continue into the night or if they would "take a break" as it were, to re-group and start "fresh" on the next day?  Also included in that question is, would the "enemy King" press his advantage to continue the fighting to maximize the expectation of victory and the demoralization of the fallen?

      Lady Catherine Holcombe of Arden
      A&S Officer, Province of Southern Shores
      West Kingdom, Principality of the Mists